Setting Goals - The Benefits
September 26, 2008
How To Set Goals That Will Bring You Riches!
By Linda Stokes
The first step to success is by dreaming of exactly what you want in your life and your Home Business. Ask yourself the following questions:
Goal setting is a powerful process for personal and business planning. The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life and in your new business venture. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know where you will have to concentrate your efforts. You'll also quickly spot the distractions that would otherwise lure you from your course.
- Is your life complete in every way?
- If you could change your Tomorrow, what would be different in your life?
- If you could make a wish about your Health, your Home, your Family, your Business or your Life - what would it be?
More than this, properly-set goals can be incredibly motivating, and as you get into the habit of setting and achieving goals, you'll find that your self-confidence builds fast.
Goal setting techniques are used by successful business people, top-level athletes, and achievers in all fields. They give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. They focus your acquisition of knowledge and help you to organize your time and your resources so that you can make the very most of your life.
By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure your progress and quickly take pride in your achievements. They help you see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. They raise your self-confidence as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
Goals can be set on a number of different levels. First, you decide what you want to do with your life and your business and what large-scale or long-term goals you want to achieve. Then you break these down into the short-term targets that you must hit so that you reach them. Finally, once you have your plan, start working to achieve it.
Clear goals change everything. You have CLEAR TARGETS to focus on and to guide each day's actions and commitments. Your days and weeks build upon each other in a straight line, aiming towards new destinations -- even GREATER than the last. You believe that life is INCREDIBLE because you are setting and achieving INCREDIBLE GOALS. Your future is bright and positive because you know precisely WHAT YOU WANT - AND WHY.
Goal Setting Tips
Self Talk Helps You Reach Goals
- State each goal as a positive statement: Express your goals positively - 'Execute this technique well' is a much better goal than 'Don't make this stupid mistake'
- Be precise: Set a precise goal, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. If you do this, you will know exactly when you have achieved the goal, and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Set priorities:When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by too many goals, and helps to direct your attention to the most important ones.
- Write goals down: This crystallizes them and gives them more force.
- Visualize Your Goals: First thing in the morning and last thing at night, visualize the Goal as already being achieved. If our Goal is to lose weight, see, feel and experience your new body. Get excited about how you will feel once you have achieved the goal you set.
- Set performance goals, not outcome goals: You should take care to set goals over which you have as much control as possible. There is nothing more dispiriting than failing to achieve a personal goal for reasons beyond your control. These could be bad business environments, poor judgment, bad weather, injury, or just plain bad luck. If you base your goals on personal performance, then you can keep control over the achievement of your goals and draw satisfaction from them. Spend four hours in Income Producing Activities each day, is a better goal than Earn $5,000 this month.
I Can't vs. I Can
I can't stops you from being creative
I can opens your creative mind
I can't causes you to quit
I can causes you to be persistent
I can't never will
I can always will
I can't is blind
I can helps you Reach your Goals
Set Your Goals With Care
"If dreams are born from imagination, then goals are born from a promise. Knowing this, set your goals with great care because when you set them, you are promising yourself exactly what you expect to get out of your life."
~ Kent Madson
--- Copyright © 2008 Linda Stokes
Entrepreneur, business manager and success coach, Linda Stokes lives in Atlanta, GA. Linda has an extensive business management and sales management background and has coached literally thousands of people to success in Network Marketing. She has recently brought her success coaching expertise to the internet. Linda's coaching helps individuals bring freedom and meaning into their lives. You may contact Linda at StokesGroup@Comcast.net
Have something you would like to share?
An insight that has helped you?
We invite you to submit a story/article/poem.