Please scroll down to read the quotes
Or click one of the underlined links at the bottom of the page
to go to a different section
- "There lies in each of us a very powerful creative machine.
Discover it !
If you can imagine it, you can do it!
Teach others the technique,
So that the whole world becomes prosperous. "
--- Contributed by Masilamany
- "Next to the love between man and his Creator,
The love of one man and
Is the loftiest and the most illusive ideal,
That has been set
before the world.
A perfect marriage is like a pure heart:
have it are fit to see God."
--- Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
- "Who ever told you have to find the miracles of life in someone else?"
--- Contributed by Fran Sawyer --- Florida
- "Life is about 10% how you make it...
And 90% how you take it."
--- Author Unknown --- Contributed by Beth Garvin --- Mississippi
- "Everyone thinks of changing the world,
But no one thinks of
- "I wanted to change the world.
But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself."
--- Aldous Huxley
- "We are so powerful that we can convince ourselves that we are not,
Then make it come true."
--- Anthony S. Dallmann-Jones, Ph.D.
from PRIMARY DOMINO THINKING ~ Creating the Life You Want
- "The one being carried does not know how far the village is."
--- Nigerian --- Contributed by Nadine Bent --- Pennsylvania
- " For Little League Players:
A baseball game is like stair steps.
There are 6 innings in the game and six stair steps.
You cannot get to the top of the stairs in one giant leap
Or you will fall.
Take each step one at a time
And you may stumble but you will succeed."
--- Contributed by Daniel J. Belanger
- "Every adversity contains within itself
The seed of an equivalent or greater benefit."
--- W. Clement Stone --- Contributed by---Jeffrey Hickey
- "Learning is finding out what you already know,
Doing is demonstrating that you know it,
Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you do.
We are all learners, doers, and teachers."
--- Richard Bach --- Contributed by James Sweeney
- "Success is a marathon, not a sprint."
--- Author Unknown --- Submitted by Tracey Grant-Smith
- "Fear not that thy life shall come to an end,
But rather that it shall never have a beginning."
--- Cardinal Newman --- Contributed by Albert Vita
- "An important part of who you are is what you want to be."
--- Amy Kampert
- "Steadfast, friend,
Though the seas be high and the crests break the soul,
For the swells of the heart dwarf those of the storm."
--- Contributed by George Bogosian
- "The capacity to care is what gives life its most deepest significance."
--- Pablo Casals --- Contributed by Ed
- "The greatest revolution in our generation is that of human beings,
Who by changing the inner attitudes of their minds,
Can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--- Marilyn Ferguson
- "Be the first,
not the next."
--- Contributed by Lillian Robinson --- Connecticut
- "It is not that life is short,
It is simply that your dead for so long:
Make the most of your life while it lasts."
--- Contributed by Susan A. Conklin
- "Treasure the love you receive above all.
It will survive long after
your good health has vanished."
--- Og Mandino --- Contributed by Angela --- Grand Forks B.C., Canada
- "Where the determination is, the way can be found."
--- George S. Clason --- Contributed by Paul Bastien --- Canada
- "Lot's of people want to ride with you in the limo,
But what you want is someone who will take the bus with you,
When the limo breaks down."
--- Oprah Winfrey --- Contributed by Darryl Bevan --- Perth, Western Australia
--- Author's name supplied by Molly M., Age 15 --- Massachusetts --- 6/99
- " However rare true love is, true friendship is Rarer."
--- Contributed by James Sweeney
- "Other people may not have high expectations of me,
But I have high expectations for myself."
--- Shannon Miller --- Contributed by Amanda Gier
- "Success is the progressive realization of predetermined,
Personal Goals. "
--- Paul Meyer --- Contributed by Westarbob --- Michigan
- " Climb high,
Your goal the sky,
Your aim the star!"
--- found on the Hopkins Memorial steps --- Contributed by Klika
- "True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable."
--- David T. Gentry --- Contributed by James Sweeney
- "Never follow anyone's path.
Go your own way and leave a trail."
--- Damien Heath
- " In order to achieve...
You must first conceive (the idea),
And be not afraid to believe in your dreams."
--- Contributed by Lillian Robinson --- Connecticut
- "Be courageous and bold.
When you look back on your life,
You'll regret the things you didn't do,
More than the ones you did."
--- Contributed by VQueen
- "Life is like jelly beans, and sometimes you get your favorite color."
--- Anonymous --- Contributed by Lexie Krohn
- "Take time to work,
it is the price of success.
Take time to think,
it is the source of power.
Take time to play,
it is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read,
it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly,
it is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream,
it is hitching your wagon to a star.
Take time to love & be loved,
it is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to look around,
it is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to laugh,
it is the music of the soul."
--- Old English Prayer --- Contributed by Jamie L. Yosha --- California
- "You always fail when you play not to lose."
--- Eric Ouimet
- "Do not follow the path that lies ahead of you, but create your own!"
--- Contributed by Jamie Vogt --- Minnesota
- "Today is a new day and tomorrow is my dream today.
--- Teresa Johansen --- Oregon
- "Do it the right way : Happy the rest of your life.
Do it the wrong way and sooner or later You"ll pay the price!"
--- Mom --- Contributed by Mary Niederlander --- New York
- "One can beg, buy, be presented with and find love in the streets,
But it can never be stolen."
- "The greatest wastes are unused talents and untried ideas."
--- Anonymous --- Contributed by Jeffrey Hickey
- "Don't ever let anyone steal your dreams."
--- Dexter Yager --- Contributed by Greg Mayhew
- "Where there is love there is life."
--- Mahatma Gandhi
- "Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream."
--- Author Unknown --- Sent in by Lora Bolden --- Seattle
- "Life is like a hand of cards.
You have to play the hand you're dealt,
You can't win by folding,
And sometimes you must take chances in order to win."
--- Mike Conner
- "Give me a lever long enough and I'll move the world."
--- " Apollo 13 " --- Contributed by Melinda
- " It is not true that nice guys finish last.
Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts."
--- Addison Walker --- Contributed by Jeffrey Pappas
- "Always give honest and sincere appreciation."
--- Amit Shah
- "Magic is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen."
--- Foka Gomez --- Contributed by Victor Alejandro Aleman Soto
- "Clowns wear a face that's painted intentionally on them,
So they appear to be happy or sad.
What kind of mask are you wearing today?"
--- Face Value --- Contributed by Gary Lee --- Maryland
- "All men have fears,
But the Brave put down their fears and go forward.
Sometimes to Death, but always to Victory."
--- The Kings Guard in Ancient Greece
- "When there is hope, there is life."
--- From "The Cage" --- Contributed by Estelle
--- Source of quote provided by Jared --- 10/25/00
- "All glory comes from daring to begin."
--- Eugene F. Ware
- "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life,
The clearer we should see through it."
--- Jean Paul
- "The starting point of all achievement is desire.
Keep this constantly in mind.
Weak desire brings weak results,
Just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat."
--- Napoleon Hill
- "The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life
Is the source from which self-respect springs."
--- Joan Didion
- "Forget the past and live the present hour."
--- Sarah Knowles Bolton
- "Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself."
--- Richard Bach
- "That it will never come again is what makes life sweet."
--- Emily Dickinson
- "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."
- "Learn to get in touch with silence within yourself,
And know that everything in this life has purpose.
There are no mistakes,
All events are blessings given to us to learn from."
--- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- "Innovation is the creation of the new,
Or the re-arranging of the old in a new way.
--- Mike Vance
- "When in doubt, do right and let God take care of the rest."
--- Unknown --- Compliments of Mike Heath
- "If you play it safe in life,
You've decided that you don't want to grow anymore."
--- Shirley Hufstedler
- "The past is history,
The future is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that's why we call it the Present."
--- Contributed by Sophie & Charlotte Burtt
--- And also sent in by Mrs. Curlie
- "It is because they took the easy way out,
That rivers and people, go crooked."
--- Jill Peterson
- "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
--- Margaret Thatcher
- "There's no such thing as security. There never has been."
--- Germaine Greer
- "You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when.
You can decide how you're going to live now."
--- Joan Baez
- "Time--our youth--it never really goes, does it?
It is all held in our minds."
--- Helen Hoover Santmyer
- "To stay the course...sometimes you have to make waves."
- "We don't need more strength or more ability or greater opportunity.
What we need is to use what we have."
--- Basil S. Walsh
- "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize
How close they were to success when they gave up."
--- Thomas Edison
- "It's supposed to be hard.
If it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
hard is what makes it great "
--- From the movie "A League of Their Own"--- Compliments of Mike Heath
--- Correction supplied by Jennifer Bach --- 02/01/00
- "The scars you acquire by exercising courage,
Will never make you feel inferior."
--- D.A. Battista
- "Do not worry about whether or not the sun will rise.
Be prepared to enjoy it."
- "Ideas control the world."
--- James A. Garfield
- "About the only thing that comes without effort is old age."
- "Success doesn't come to you...you go to it."
--- Marva Collins
- "Love can heal a broken heart."
- "Friendships multiply joys and divide grief."
--- Thomas Fuller
- "If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
- "Every moment of light and dark is a miracle."
--- Walt Whitman
- "We relish news of our heroes,
Forgetting that we are extraordinary to somebody too."
--- Helen Hayes
- "After the verb To Love...To Help is the most beautiful verb in the world."
--- Bertha Von Suttner
- "Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile
..Initially scared me to death."
--- Betty Bender
- "Always do right.
This will amaze most people, and astonish the rest."
--- Mark Twain -- Compliments of Lee Bacall
- "You never find yourself until you face the truth."
--- Pearl Bailey
- "Example is not the main thing in influencing others.
It is the only thing."
--- Albert Schweitzer
- "The impossible is often the untried."
--- John Goodwin
- "Constants aren't."
--- John Peers
- "Diversity: the art of thinking independently together."
--- Malcolm Forbes
- "Eighty percent of success is showing up."
--- Woody Allen
- "Reality is something you rise above."
--- Liza Minnelli
- "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased."
--- Katherine Hepburn
- "A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere."
--- Joyce A. Myers
- "All our dreams can come true---if we have the courage to pursue them."
--- Walt Disney
- "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
--- Albert Einstein
- "If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it."
--- Margaret Fuller
- "Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery."
--- Dr. Joyce Brothers
- "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
--- Harper Lee
- "Be happy or die."
--- Rob Cohen
- "Sow good services: sweet remembrances will grow from them."
--- Mme. de Stael
- "Great opportunities to help others seldom come,
But small ones surround us daily."
--- Sally Koch
- "The world is round and the place which may seem like the end,
May also be the beginning."
--- Ivy Baker Priest
- "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."
--- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Defend your limitations and you own them!"
--- contributed by John Oberer
- "To love what you do and feel that it matters---
How could anything be more fun?"
--- Katherine Graham
- "You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving."
--- Amy Carmichael
- "Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--- Grace Hansen
- "Actions speak louder than words."
- "Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success."
--- Henry Ford
- "We all live in suspense from day to day;
In other words, you are the hero of your own story."
--- Mary McCarthy
- "Beware of assumptions!
Whatever you "assume" to be possible---or impossible,
Will have a tendency to become real for you."
- "There is more to life than simply increasing its speed."
--- Mahatma Gandhi
- "We are not put on this earth for ourselves,
But are placed here for each other.
If you are there always for others,
Then in time of need, someone will be there for you."
--- Jeff Warner
- "Love is never afraid of giving too much."
- "All things are difficult before they are easy."
--- John Norley
- "The point of living, and of being an optimist,
is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
--- Peter Ustinov --- Compliments of Philip A. Sansotta
- "Money doesn't sleep."
--- from the movie "Wall Street"--- Compliments of Scott Statson
- "The difference between a successful person and others
is not a lack of strength,
not a lack of knowledge,
but rather in a lack of will."
--- Vincent T. Lombardi
- "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
--- George Eliot
- "The harder you work the luckier you get."
--- Gary Player
- "He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything."
--- Arabian Proverb
- "A careful inventory of all your past experiences
may disclose the startling fact that everything has happened for the best."
--- Law of Success
- "Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first.
Ask questions, then feel the answer.
Learn to trust your heart."
- "If you love something let it go free.
If it doesn't come back, you never had it.
If it comes back, love it forever."
- "The person who sends out positive thoughts
activates the world around him positively
and draws back to himself positive results."
--- Norman Vincent Peale
- "Feelings are everywhere--be gentle."
--- J. Masai
- "We all need each other."
--- Leo Buscaglia
- "What force is more potent than love?"
--- Igor Stravinsky
- "Love is life...and if you miss love, you miss life."
--- Leo Buscaglia
- "We must use time creatively and forever realize
that time is always hope to do great things."
--- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose."
--- John Mason Brown
- "When we die and go to Heaven, our Maker is not going to say,
"Why didn't you discover the cure for such and such?"
The only thing we're going to be asked at that precious moment is
"Why didn't you become you? "
- "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.
I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see their beauty,
believe in them,
and try to follow where they lead."
--- Louisa May Alcott
- "Once you have learned to love, you will have learned to live."
- "If I choose to bless another person,
I will always end up feeling more blessed."
--- Marianne Williamson
- "Don't worry, be happy."
- "Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."
- "Love is the immortal flow of energy
that nourishes, extends and preserves.
It's eternal goal is life."
--- Smiley Blanton
- "I will greet this day with love in my heart.
For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures.
Muscles can split a shield and even destroy life itself
but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of man.
And until I master this act
I will remain no more than a peddler in the marketplace.
I will make love my greatest weapon
and none on who I call can defend upon its force...
my love will melt all hearts
liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day."
--- Og Mandino
- "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ...
courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference."
- "As human beings, we are endowed with freedom of choice
and we cannot shuffle off our responsibility
upon the shoulders of God or nature."
We must shoulder it ourselves."
It is up to us."
--- Arnold J.Toynbee