Questions From Readers
Part 2 (Business)
January 27, 2012
Thanks for the letters and for the opportunity to ask questions. I love the storyline and I have been following Chuk's story in particular.
Here is my question:
I am an entrepreneur who has been in part time business for 2 years now. I want to go into the events business full time and I have registered my company, but I am thinking; will I make it? Do I have
what it takes to run a business?
So, can you help me with that? I know I love the events business, I know I want to do it.
Answer: Dear Friend,
I am glad you love the story of Chuk, and can imagine how much you have connected with his story. So we will use Chuk's Culture Matrix to guide you; The Advanced Fast(in) Efficiency tools.
Chuk had many business interests, as you know, and he choose to start with retailing but it ended up in a disaster. Now he wants to give it another try.
Furthermore he got this advice: 'Money in the hands of someone who does not have wisdom is a recipe for disaster.'
To succeed at what you want to do, wisdom is always the principal thing, so here are a few questions to make sure you start your business the right way, with the right wisdom and the right mindset.
Please, think over these Fast(in) questions.
1. What are you most afraid of when it comes to going into your business full time? (See in systems: Know the story behind the story)
2. Why does this fear exist? ( See in systems: Know the story behind the story )
3. What is the worst thing that can happen, if what you fear the most comes true?
4. What must you do to make sure what you fear the most, when it comes to business, does not come true? (Inquire, expect, prepare, move ) Define the game and know its rules, if you want to play it.
5. People who are in your kind of business, what skills do they have and have those skills made them successful? ( Facts, not Opinions ) Make sure what you know is complete and correct.
6. Do you have all these skills ? ( Facts, not Opinions ) Make sure what you know is complete and correct.
7. Do you have a competitive edge? Will going into the business full time be a good strategy for you? ( Facts, not Opinions )
Dear Friend, these questions can be a bit tough to answer, however, statistics has shown that people who are successful in business have asked themselves these questions and they have guided them on
their path to business success.
Remember that business is a journey, not a sprint.
You will always have something to learn on your way to the top.
Obstacles will show up, but you can either treat them as stepping-stones or stumbling blocks.
Think over these questions; they will guide you on deciding when it is time to take that leap of faith.
Remember, your culture is everything.
P.S. If you have any questions on life, school, business, relationships; kindly send it to me. I would be happy to use Fast(in) to guide you to the answers you seek.
--- Copyright © 2011 HiZen-3 Ltd
This story is a series of letters written by Segun Cadmus, Manager, HiZen-3 Ltd, a company created to be the Ultimate guide in Culture Management at work and life. Please visit us at: http://www.hizenworld.com for more information about what we do.
Please share a comment about Questions - Business:
Email HiZen-3 Ltd
First Letter From HiZen
Second Letter From HiZen
Third Letter From HiZen
Fourth Letter From HiZen
Fifth Letter From HiZen
Sixth Letter From HiZen
Seventh Letter From HiZen
Eighth Letter From HiZen
Ninth Letter From HiZen
Tenth Letter From HiZen
Eleventh Letter From HiZen
Twelfth Letter From HiZen
Thirteenth Letter From HiZen - Matilda
Fourteenth Letter From HiZen - Chuk
Fifteenth Letter From HiZen - Joan
Sixteenth Letter From HiZen - Joan
Seventeenth Letter From HiZen - Kwame
Do you LIKE our site?
Be sure to click on the +1 button above
Have something you would like to share?
An insight that has helped you?
We invite you to submit a story/article/poem.