What is a great person? This is a question that I was asked by one of my readers. It is a very good question that I pondered for quite some time, with so many answers going through my mind. So Lidia, here is my definition of a great person.
- I feel that a great person is a person of integrity and values that he or she will never compromise. He or she is a great family man or woman who puts their family first and would protect them with their own life.
- A great person is willing to help anyone that needs it. Come torrential downpours or Nor'easter snowstorms, they are there when called. Always helping and never hurting.
- A great person is respectful of other people's feelings and needs, but holds his or her position highly and never retreats from negative situations, but only stays in them to make peace.
- A great person will allow nothing to stand in his or her way of doing the right thing by everyone and will always admit wrong with an apology.
- A great person is a father or mother who will sacrifice, whatever needs sacrificing, to do what is best for their children. They realize that children are our future and our future is in their hands.
- A great person is a person who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally and if they do it unknowingly, will humbly apologize, put out the fire and then work it out.
- A great person will always be on time and never late. Frequent tardiness to an appointment or anything that has a structured time frame is unacceptable, and if it does happen, offer that apology and never let it happen again.
- A great person is a provider... A provider to their family and the foundation on which the family lies. He or she never will let cracks form in their foundation and compromise the structural integrity of it.
- A great person is a giver, and not a taker... A forgiver and not a resentment holder... A peacemaker and not a fighter.
- A great person is a teacher, a fireman, a policeman, a nurse, a soldier, a volunteer, a case worker or a dss worker, or many more occupations of helping people.
- A great person is a person that fails time after time while doing their best and never, ever quits because when they quit, part of them dies when they quit.
- A great person will always put the needs of others in front of their own. Always being kind and never showing anger.
- A great person has dreams and goals and never let's other people's negativity get in their way of pursuing them.
I guess these are the best examples I can think of what makes a great person, great...
Now, I have a question for you my friend and everyone else reading this....
Are you a great person???
Copyright © 2010 Rich Barnes
My name is Rich Barnes and I live just outside of Boston MA with my wife and two beautiful daughters. I truly started my journey about 4 years ago and will never dwell on the self-inflicted pain that I have put myself through for years, but I will continue to learn from it each and every day of my existence. Every day is not only a new day, but a day of renewed happiness and never ending journeys that lay undiscovered by our heart and our souls. To be in this position, right here, right now, is truly a miracle to me.
Share a comment or thought about this article with the writer: