Thank you very much for your orientation about life. I am in a relationship with a girl I really like. I am working presently, though it is not a well paying job.
My girlfriend on the other hand is still in school and she is from a broken home. She is really having it tough in school and I can't totally assist because I am not financially stable.
Now my question is: Should I continue with this relationship or should I look for someone else that is working as well, so we can plan together. I am thinking about settling down soon.
Answer: Dear Friend,
I believe you have the answers to the questions you asked. What you need is a guide to the answer you seek; so here is our guide:
Let us use Joan's own: The Fast(in) Lifestyle ( The Heart )
Please, can you reflect on these Fast(in) questions?
1. Do you have a written plan or goal for your personal life and work? What are they ? ( Inquire, expect, prepare, move : Define the game and know its rules, if you want to play it )
2. Did you have that plan for your personal life before you meet the lady that is still attending school? ( Facts, not just Opinions )
3. Did you ever discuss your relationship intentions with the lady that is still attending school ? ( Ask the right and Best source )
4. Why did you decide to go ahead and date her, even though you knew she was still in school and you planned to settle down soon? ( See in Systems – What is the story behind the story? )
5. Are you dating her simply for pleasure ? ( Facts, not just Opinions )
6. If you had a well paying job, will your thoughts of leaving her change? ( Think and Act the Best Way :- Respond to the situation, instead of reacting to it )
7. Is this matter really about relationship or about your present financial position? ( Inquire, expect, prepare, move ) :- Define the game and know its rules, if you want to play )
Please reflect on these questions, I am sure that once you do, you will begin to get a broader and clearer idea of your situation. You must be absolutely sincere with yourself when thinking about your answers to the questions. This clearer view will help you in deciding what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.
You are in a sensitive situation; find answers to the questions. Once you do, you will know what to do about your present relationship and future plans.
Remember, your culture is everything.
P.S. If you have any questions about life, business, and school decisions, send me a mail and let us use Fast(in) as a guide to the answers you seek.
Copyright © 2011 HiZen-3 Ltd
This story is a series of letters written by Segun Cadmus, Manager, HiZen-3 Ltd, a company created to be the Ultimate guide in Culture Management at work and life. Please visit us at: http://www.hizenworld.com for more information about what we do.
Please share a comment about Questions - Relationships:
Email HiZen-3 Ltd
First Letter From HiZen
Second Letter From HiZen
Third Letter From HiZen
Fourth Letter From HiZen
Fifth Letter From HiZen
Sixth Letter From HiZen
Seventh Letter From HiZen
Eighth Letter From HiZen
Ninth Letter From HiZen
Tenth Letter From HiZen
Eleventh Letter From HiZen
Twelfth Letter From HiZen
Thirteenth Letter From HiZen
Fourteenth Letter From HiZen
Fifteenth Letter From HiZen
Sixteenth Letter From HiZen
Seventeenth Letter From HiZen
Be sure to click on the +1 button above